Soul Eater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Soul Eater Roleplay Forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Races

Go down 
+2
Beetle
Nogitsune
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nogitsune

Nogitsune

Races Empty
PostSubject: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Along with humans,witches,death gods,and demon gods,Soul Eater has a number of mythological creatures in it such as Werewolves(Were- anything actually),zombies,mummies,golems,ogres(on one occasion),ghosts,and a vampire at one point.I would like for their to be a list a species to be,given,it can really add to character plots and creation.These creatures will be basic or universal creatures such as centaurs,minotaurs,mermaids,etc.Besides,we have enough 'Witch Experiments',I want to see a Centaur Meiser,which,you gotta admit,would be kinda cool.I will make the list myself if I have to.These creatures won't be EXACTLY like mythology where they have numerous powers.For example.there numerous Oni with numerous ablilities.We can merely make the like the basic oni,strong physically but no magic.The creatures(if said list is made) will be basic creatures,but we will have to avoid some that exist in SE,but we known little about,such as Zombies(DAMN IT SID).
Back to top Go down
Beetle

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Eh hem. Things that were non-human but not anything else were called 'monsters' in series, I believe. You could, like, just make another section for them.
Back to top Go down
Nogitsune

Nogitsune

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:20 pm

I would,but then theres the fact we know little about them.They're literally like"They are not human or kishin,but are strong'.It is possible the one's we seen,such as the Manticore,are man made or different from the 'rest'.
Back to top Go down
Prinny Emalia
Queen Of The Fall Vegetable
Prinny Emalia

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:28 pm

While this is a valid point, you yourself has stated that we know little to nothing about them, their creation, or how they get/grow in powers. They're just kinda "This is <insert monster name> they can do this, this, and this. Don't question it." and we're forced to accept them into the series. I know it's a cool idea, but do we really know enough to add it?
Back to top Go down
Nogitsune

Nogitsune

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Which is why I said keep it basic in my first post.Nothing complicated.
Back to top Go down
Dead Eyes

Dead Eyes

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:30 pm

I think this is a good idea. But then again, I know a lot of people would just make a lot of different species of meisters and weapon, and it would probably take over. So I think if there are going to be different species, they shouldn't be allowed to be meisters or weapons.

And I think we'd be able to gauge the abilities and way of gaining power to these species ourselves. We know werewolves have enhanced speed and strength, but their weakness is silver, that being said, we could just find out about the other species that we'll add to the list.
Back to top Go down
Prinny Emalia
Queen Of The Fall Vegetable
Prinny Emalia

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:35 pm

And that's the issue Dead, we can prevent them from being weapons, but anyone with a soul can meister a weapon or dark weapon. Because of this, ANYTHING with enough brains can potentially be a meister, as shown by the monkey in the actual series.
Back to top Go down
Beetle

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:40 pm

This is one of those times that calls for headcannon to be used. 

Combine what we know of existing monsters in series, with their real-world myths, and add a healthy bit of speculation.

Plus, depending on the materiel weapons are made of in their weapon form, we could always go with 'monster cannot hold iron or steel'. Plus, meisters have to resonate with their weapons, so we could claim that monsters were unable to do that
Back to top Go down
Nogitsune

Nogitsune

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:41 pm

As I said before,not every single creature is being brought here,only a select few.A Were-anything (Zoanthropes) can basically mimic each other strengths and weaknesses.Creatures such as trolls really don't have anything special besides it brute strenght and have the same weaknesses as humans,etc
Back to top Go down
Beetle

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:42 pm

.......If we allow monsters, I am making a Lich. Because NECROMANCY!
Back to top Go down
Nogitsune

Nogitsune

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Um,Beetle,you do realise the Lich fits more in the path of a Warlock right?
Back to top Go down
Beetle

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Paz, chill, it was meant to be funny
Back to top Go down
Beetle

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Also, zit cool if I draw up a few races?
Back to top Go down
Beetle

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Mummies- Ancient undeads of Egypt. They can fight using their bandages, which they control with their mind, and they can raise the dead as crypt gaurdians, weak, lowlevel undead with no powers. However, they MUST sleep in their sarcophagous once per 24 hours, and depending on whether they follow Ra or Set, they lose health in sunlight, or they require a human sacrifice once a day to remain active.

Draugr- Undead warriors who did not recieve a proper burial, the Draugr have arrisen, filled with hatred for the living. Draugr strengths include high durability and combat skill. Weakness include the fact that, when confronted with fire, they ignite very easily, and they are very, very susceptible to madness, and the older they get, the weaker they get

Zombies- Undead raised via either magic or science, Zombies are more durable than normal humans, but otherwise have no particular weaknesses or strengths, beyond an inability to age. However, to prevent decomposition, they require shots of enbalming fluid each day, or if they were raised by magic, they require a constant source of energy

Ghouls- More 'typical' undead, Ghouls are made from elder ghouls biting humans. Ghouls grow more powerfull with age, and upon reaching two hundred years of age, become an elder ghoul. Ghouls are filled with all sorts of nasty diseases you would expect to find in corpses, and can mentally control hordes of vermin. However, they are physically weak, require human flesh to survive, and are not very smart due to the ghoul virus ravaging their brain

Vampires- Ancient, noble undead, Vampires come in a variety of shapes and forms, but the younger, PC ones frequently have the ability to shapeshift into a swarm of bats, increased strength and speed, and the ability to become a mist. Their weaknesses, however, are many fold. The younger ones are extremely weakened or even killed by sunlight, strong scents such as garlic or septic can overload their senses, holy sigils of ANY faith act as reppelents, and they require large amounts of blood to survive.

Liches- Ancient philosphers and scholars who wished to learn magic and become sorcerers. Unable to accomplish it the normal way, they bribed weapons and meisters into bringing them the souls of witches. Experimenting, they discovered a method with which to give the soul magic. However, this process required the soul to be seperated from the body. Placing their souls into phylacteries, the thousand philosophers successfully gave themselves magic. However, there was a terrible cost to this. Seperated from their souls, the bodies of the scholars rotted, and they discovered that they were unable to place their souls back INTO their bodies. In agony, they tried to kill themselves, only to discover that if their phylactery remained, they would ALWAYS survive. A few destroyed their phylactery, losing their immortallity, while the remaining nine hundred cast a great spell, to place themselves in a deep sleep while the flesh was removed from their bodies. Eventually, explorers stumbled upon their resting place, and obtained the notes for becoming a Lich. Soon, several Liches were made, and they discovered WHY the philosophers had put themselves into a deep slumber. Nowadays, Liches are extremely rare. Strengths include the ability to use magic, and so long as their phylactery is intact, immortallity. However, the phylactery can only go a few hundred feet before the lich loses control over its body, and using soul protect automattically severs the link between soul and body, and Liches, without exception, do not remember their old life. Should they be confronted with their name, they are bound to do the bidding of whoever told them, and Liches can only be awake for three hours per day
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 4:09 pm

If we add monster races, we should have a clear list of avalable races so that, for example, person 1's vampire works the same as person 2's vampire. Maybe balance things so that every alternate race has it's weaknesses as well as strengths. Like maybe werewolves are weak to wavelength, Ogers are noticably slower, vampires are unable to resonate with a weapon (because, in some legends, vampires don't have a soul. So, here, we could just say their soul's weak and hard to notice.) Stuff like that so that other races aren't abused but are still viable.
Back to top Go down
Nogitsune

Nogitsune

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 4:11 pm

I like that idea.
Back to top Go down
古明地 さとり

古明地 さとり

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:54 am

I'd like to see Tsukumogami. Objects that are brought to life after being used improperly. Maybe that can fit in the Witches section? Like the Kasa-Obake Witch, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Nogitsune

Nogitsune

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:04 am

I believe thats a whole category unto it self....a category I like very much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Races   Races Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Races
Page 1 of 1