Soul Eater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Soul Eater Roleplay Forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Empty
PostSubject: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 pm

So this is more like 3 suggestions that are all tied in to making Weapons balanced.

---

1. Kishin Eggs should be avalable to fight through DWMA missions. Considering that the DWMA isn't really a faction and should be much more active than the other mission threads, it should probably have it's own mission section. So here's what I think we should do. When a weapon and meister complete a mission, they should be randomly given 1-5 souls offscreen per-rank for completing the mission, it's just a safe, fair, way to do it. Maybe bonus souls or rewards depending on the mission.

Missions should have a ranking between 1 and 10 stars, with most missions being between 1 and 5 stars and missions with 6 stars and up being reserved for team missions and missions requiring Death Scythe-level weapons. 10 stars would be a Full Kishin or someone near that level of power. So, say you complete a 4 star mission. You would be given between 4 and 20 souls at random. While this seems like a lot it has to be remembered that there's a lot of time and effort that goes into a mission on both ends of it as well as a lot that can go wrong to interrupt the mission.

---

2. OC Kishin Egg rankings. Since there is a rule that says characters can be killed, it should be fair to reason that OC Kishin Eggs should have a reward for killing them (to balance out normal and dark weapons). Same as with the missions, each OC Kishin Egg should have a rank between 1 and 10 that awards the weapon between 1 and 5 souls per rank.

I suggest that the Kishin Egg's rank should go up every 10 souls it has. So, unless stated otherwise in the bio, each Kishin will start at 2 stars of difficulty (2-10 souls for killing the OC), become 3 stars at 30 souls (3-15 soul reward) and so on and so forth. Since an Admin is required to decide wether or not the kill was legit anyways, it would be simple to just randomize how many souls the weapon gets while the thread is looked at and award him the correct number of souls if he succeeds in killing the OC.

---

3. Witch Missions. This one is pretty straightforward but still good to implament. If you get a weapon (or potentially Dark Weapon) up to 99 souls, a staff member should create a mission for their fight against the witch. While it would be possible to just kill an OC witch, I can imagine players kind-of having their witch characters run away as soon as the weapon comes close and that would kind-of suck for whoever's using the weapon. Besides, it would be sort-of symbolic of testing the skills the player's obtained with his weapon so far by putting them against an Admin, the highest ranking members of the site, for their final test before becoming a Death Scythe! (or, potentially, Demon Blade.... Even if it's not a DWMA mission, it would still be good for Dark Weapons, too.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Let me start be saying I enjoy the input you have here. The staff has actually been looking for a way to level the two parties out as well, and these points are a good step in that direction. If I could add to this...

1. I have to agree with the idea of separate mission threads, but it seems like we would also have to remove the ability to hunt souls in thread, or at least severely hinder it, for it to be entirely level. Alternatively, we have spoke of giving players the ability to hunt KE souls in thread as well. One might think, "KE's are more powerful, and more difficult to come by.", to which I would have to point out Al Capon's goons, and Arachni-Phobia's cannon fodder. As you said however, this will be widely level by the willingness of members to put forth a full effort in both making, and completing missions.

2. The only thing I would have to point out here is that a 1 star rank per 10 souls makes a KE with 100 souls respectively the same rank as bona-fide Kishin. Which isn't true to the number of souls it will likely take to become one. Although, a well thought out OC KE can make every soul 5-50 souls well earned. Especially if you take into account a players willingness to simply run.

3. On this I have nothing to say. Although I can just see Mr. Troll the admin pulling a Blair Cat. x3
Back to top Go down
Beetle

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:00 pm

WHAT IF, and bear with me here, each star rank was fifty souls then?
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:12 pm

I was kind-of thinking the 100 soul KE thing myself. But, at the same time, if anyone less than a Death Scythe can take out a Kishin with 100 souls worth of abilities, they're probably completely broken, anyways. Besides, at 100 souls, I don't see a Kishin Egg really becoming THAT much more powerful and, if you manage to kill them after that much work is put into the OC, you deserve the 10-50 souls.

IDK, maybe it can be an exception that KEs can only get to the 9th star of difficulty until they become a full Kishin no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Beetle

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Deth, it takes ten souls to get/upgrade an ability, so 100 isn't that much, TBH.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:50 pm

10 souls per ability is 10 whole seperate abilities of increasing strength + upgrades at 100 souls. For example, one of the Kishins I made on the other SE site. At 100 souls, she was able to cause severe damage with a single wound, had armor, an almost insta-hit ability that eats away at armor, multiple types of traps, flight, and could ultimatly become nearly impossible to approach safely. The other Kishin I had obtained the ability to attack from any part of his body, out-range most OCs, gained the ability to tank a free hit, store items in his body, mimic people to escape, and create hard to avoid attacks with multiple limbs. This was before he even got to his maximum level.

Also, remember. This is ALL assuming the OC has no accomplices, weapons, Black Blood, or other factors outside of their abilities. AND that you manage to defeat the OC in the first place, which is a hard task in itself because players tend to make their characters escape or something when their 100 souls of hard work is in jepordy. Assuming they approach using a Kishin with a lot of creativity and skill (which it would take to survive up to the 100 soul point) they're going to be increadibly difficult to defeat.

I wish I could just transfer my previously mentioned Kishin Egg here to show you how difficult a well-planned Kishin can be to take down but I doubt I would be allowed to transfer the souls over from another site like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:10 pm

True enough, but shouldn't the souls divided among the player fighting the KE? An OC is a lot more difficult to kill than an NPC villain, but not by much if there are six weapon/meister pairs fighting them.

Also, we are not allowing the soul count to transfer from the other site.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Sure, that seems reasonable. And even if they don't divide up perfectly, you can just give the weapons and meisters the option to sort out who gets the set number of souls among themselves. Like maybe they'd want to give 15 of the 20 souls to the new weapon because he needs them to get to the next ability.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Sorry for bumping this suggestion, but I'd kind-of like to know if the staff have come up with some decision about the suggestion yet. The only one I know has read this is MDP and I havn't heard anything about it from anything else. I would appreciate any feedback.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Bumping this AGAIN because it's been 2 weeks since the topic was created and I STILL have not recieved any word on the suggestion from any staff member besides MDP. And yes, I know some of these points seem a bit pointless now that missions have finally been put up, but an Admin NEEDS to post here so I know they at least CONSIDERED random soul drops, 10 star missions, and, most importaintly, how to rank OC Kishin so there's an actual reward for managing to bring one down!

Sorry if this is coming off as rude but I tend to run out of patience after half a month of waiting for an Admin's attention since, apparently, anything I say in the chatbox about actual issues will end up with 3-5 stubborn people shouting at me instead of listening to common sense now.... Stuff like that ALSO makes me run out of patience for dealing with crap.
Back to top Go down
Prinny Emalia
Queen Of The Fall Vegetable
Prinny Emalia

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 9:58 pm

1. I don't like the random soul drops personally, and would rather have a confirmed rewards system. I'm still open to suggestions, as the current system may be flawed, and if it is I will change it.

---

2. This may be implemented at some point using the same ranking system as the KE mission system. There's a few things that needs done first though.

---

3. I did indeed take this into account and even added it.

---

I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner, but stuff will get done faster in a week or two. It'll be summer break for me then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions   Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kishin Egg souls, OC ranking, and witch missions
Page 1 of 1